Part II of our exclusive interview with Joshua Wright of Aruba Networks. In part II we discuss:
- The current state of wireless intrusion detection
- Josh talks about wireless client insecurities, such as flaws in wireless drivers
- WifiPedia – a free source of WLAN-related information initially brought to you by the Secure Programming Group at University of Oulu.
- LORCON – Loss Of Radio Connectivity – A wireless driver abstraction layer
- Hottspot insecurity, and dangers of Karma, hotspotter, Airpwn, and Raw Glue AP
- “I am Your Malicious Web Site”
- Wireless defense measures for your client
- Oracle Security, or lack thereof
- Josh’s trick or treat Oracle application
- Oracle Password Hashing Algorithm
- The hazards of teaching your children how to start counting from 0
- Josh talks (er, well, sorta) about the awesome cool stuff he’s working on at Aruba
- Josh still teaches the wireless track for The SANS Institute, check out the Virginia conference, and SANSFIRE.
- Be certain to check out Kismet